Contract position for Nature Sketch artist/instructor
The Bateman Foundation, a national public charity, inspires a lasting relationship with nature through the lens of art, and is currently one of the only non-profits in Canada primarily using artwork to promote a connection to nature and the environment.
The Nature Sketch Club is an outdoor nature program for kids & adults that focuses on sketching and observing wildlife habitats in unique ecosystems. Guided by a sketch artist and a naturalist, this program encourages participants to connect to natural environments in their local community using a pencil and a sketchbook. We have a Junior Nature Sketch program for ages 5-12 as well as an Adult Nature Sketch program for ages 18+. For more information please visit http://www.naturesketch.org
We are very excited to be launching our Nature Sketch program Nationwide and are looking for an enthusiastic, multi-skilled and passionate professional to join our team. The class will run on Saturdays, once per week for 7 weeks out in nature + final student art exhibition. Each class will be 2.5 hrs per week (Jr in the am & Adult in the pm) running from April to June. We are looking for a nature/sketch artist, who has experience working with children of all ages as well as adults.
- Find a naturalist(s) in the area to aid in the program facilitation
- Working with a naturalist to scout out locations for weekly activities
- Communicate with parents & students
- Marketing the class locally in any publication that is free of charge, market to schools & nature groups in the area to promote the program, local social media, etc.
- Facilitate the entire program
- Familiarity with natural habitats & eco-systems
- Artistic experience working in pencil with a focus on nature/wildlife drawing (please submit relevant artwork images)
- Clean criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Experience working with/instructing children
- Experience teaching art to children is preferred
- Strong verbal & visual communications skills
- Valid driver’s license & own transportation
- Available to teach on Saturdays throughout the session
- Ability to network, promote & market the program within the local area
- First aid & CPR training
- WCB coverage, if required
If you are all of the above – we want to hear from you! Interested candidates please send a cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.