Artists are invited to submit entries for pre-selection in the 14th annual Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe to be staged on Perth, Australia’s stunning Cottesloe Beach from March 2-19 2018.
Artist support and subsidies for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018 will include:
- The Rio Tinto Sculpture Prize of $50,000
- Three site specific artist subsidies of up to $10,000 each
- WA Sculptor Scholarship worth $10,000 for W.A artists
- The Rio Tinto Emerging Sculptor Mentorship of $10,000
- Install and de-install Site Crew and heavy equipment assistance for all artists
- Aluminium as a material for some Western Australian artists sponsored by Alcoa
- The $5,000 Andrea Stretton Memorial Invitation to exhibit at Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2018
- The EY People’s Choice prize of $5,000
- The Kid’s Choice prize of $2,000
Online Application To begin your online application please click here.
Deadline for application is 11:59pm AWST on Sunday August 6 2017
Mail-In Application You can find a copy of the Cottesloe 2018 application form here. Please send all hard copy applications to PO Box 300, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
Deadline for applications sent by post is 5pm AWST on Friday August 2017
*In submitting your entry to Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018 please note:
- Artists must be accepted into the outdoor exhibition before they can make a submission to exhibit at Sculpture Inside
- It can be difficult for the curatorial panel to assess your submission if you do not express your ideas clearly and succinctly with all the requested information and;
- Provide supporting material including your CV and images of similar previous works.