Artists are invited to submit entries for pre-selection in the 14th annual Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe to be staged on Perth, Australia’s stunning Cottesloe Beach from March 2-19 2018.
Artist support and subsidies for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018 will include:
- The Rio Tinto Sculpture Prize of $50,000
- Three site specific artist subsidies of up to $10,000 each
- WA Sculptor Scholarship worth $10,000 for W.A artists
- The Rio Tinto Emerging Sculptor Mentorship of $10,000
- Install and de-install Site Crew and heavy equipment assistance for all artists
- Aluminium as a material for some Western Australian artists sponsored by Alcoa
- The $5,000 Andrea Stretton Memorial Invitation to exhibit at Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2018
- The EY People’s Choice prize of $5,000
- The Kid’s Choice prize of $2,000
Online Application To begin your online application please click here.
Deadline for application is 11:59pm AWST on Sunday August 6 2017
Mail-In Application You can find a copy of the Cottesloe 2018 application form here. Please send all hard copy applications to PO Box 300, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
Deadline for applications sent by post is 5pm AWST on Friday August 2017
*In submitting your entry to Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018 please note:
- Artists must be accepted into the outdoor exhibition before they can make a submission to exhibit at Sculpture Inside
- It can be difficult for the curatorial panel to assess your submission if you do not express your ideas clearly and succinctly with all the requested information and;
- Provide supporting material including your CV and images of similar previous works.
The Vancouver Sketch Club has opened its arms and invited any and all FCA members to join them for their summer sketching sessions!
Every Wednesday starting June 21st from 11am-2pm, join them at the following locations:
- June 21 – Jericho Beach at the parking area just past the yacht club.
- June 28 – Olympic Village meet first at Terra Breads
- July 5 – Ambleside – John Lawson Park, West Vancouver just off 16th and close to the benches near the water
- July 12 – Fraser River Park (east) along the water’s edge close to the washrooms
- July 19 – Trout Lake Park (south beach) near concession stand
- July 26 – Lonsdale Key on the water’s edge before entering the market
- August 2 – New Brighton Beach (East Vancouver) near the swimming pool
- August 9 – Deer Lake (Burnaby) at the back of the Shadbolt center
- August 16 – The Crescent in the park
In each location, artists usually meet close to the parking lot or concession area and the Club will have their signage up.
More details of the meeting place and the Vancouver Sketch Club can be found Here
Dear artists and artist teams,
Vancity has just launched a call to visual artists for a site-specific art commission for the New Westminster community branch, located at 511 Sixth Street, New Westminster, BC.
The project —to re-envision prosperity as something we can only achieve if we’re surrounded by and connected to a vibrant and diverse community. Vancity’s values-based banking model is grounded in the local economy because they believe you only truly prosper when you’re connected to a healthy community.
Vancity is remodeling their New Westminster community branch (branch 61) to better reflect the way they do business. This project includes an art call designed to engage the local art community as an integral part of their member’s branch experience. Through this art call, Vancity will select one artist or artist team to create one art commission.
An artist information session will be held on:
- Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 7 pm
- Location: The New Westminster community branch, 511 Sixth Street, New Westminster, BC
- Artists must visit www.calltoartists.ca and register to RSVP and attend this information session. If you register you will receive a personal response within 48 hours.
All final submissions must be completed online at www.calltoartists.ca.
- The deadline for submissions is 11:59 am on Monday, August 28, 2017.
Click Here for more information and you are welcome to contact Tanya Slingsby, Call for Artists Facilitator, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mid Main Art Fair
is considered one of Vancouver’s premier artist-run shows – always a must-see on the local visual arts calendar.
This event on Sunday, June 11th from 11AM to 6PM at Vancouver’s beautiful Heritage Hall at 3102 Main Street, located amongst the brew pubs, coffee shops and restaurants of Main Street, a wonderful place to spend a Sunday.
This year, the popular one day art fair features 18 established artists from the Lower Mainland showing works in a variety of media and styles, including painting, sculpture, photography, and printmaking. The exhibiting artists are Fran Alexander
, Mariko Ando
, Enda Bardell
, Jane Crosby
, Lorn Curry
, Christine Hood
, Jeanette Jarville
, Sheree Jones
, James Koll
, Carol Mcquaid
, Sonia Mocnik
, Nicola Morgan
, Edward Peck
, Jackie Conradi Robertson
, Elisabeth Sommerville
, Camille Sleeman
, Jeff Wilson
and Grazyna Wolski