‘Call for entries’ for a group art exhibit open to all visual artists:
‘Festival Ha’Rikud – A Tapestry of Cultures’
Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery
May 12th to May 29, 2016
Media: drawing, painting, mixed media, fibre art and/or photography
Theme: A few days prior to Festval Ha’Rikud, 2016(an Israeli dance festival) Israel will be celebrating sixty-eight years of independence. Israel united people from all corners of the world – different cultures, backgrounds and beliefs were brought together and something exceptional was created: Israeli culture.
The Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver will be highlighting Israeli culture in May, 2016.
Festival Ha’Rikud – A Tapestry of Cultures will celebrate the diversity of the social groups and micro-societies that make-up Israeli culture as well as their community. The art show accompanying this festival will highlight the woven aspect of various diverse cultures that have come together within Israel.
Artists are asked to highlight the diverse cultural aspects in their art. All of the artwork, chosen by a jury, will be displayed at the Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery.
Commission on Sales: The art will be for sale. The Gallery receives a 25% commission.
Application deadline: Friday, March 11, at 4 pm.
- A cheque for a submission fee of $25 made out to the Jewish Community Centre
- artist’s contact information
- brief artist statement on the art submitted
- curriculum vitae
- electronically sent jpegs, a memory stick or CD of up to 3 pieces of art on the above theme. Clearly indicate that this is your entry for the “Festival Ha’Rikud Exhibition.
- Please make sure that your application is marked for the attention of Linda Lando.
- Include a stamped self addressed envelope so that we can return CD or memory stick if needed.
- All but the cheque can be sent electronically
For artists who are eligible and wish to be considered for a future solo or group show please submit same as above but with at least 10 photos of your work, Label the files on the CD.
– a numbered typed list of the submitted images including title, size, medium and year
- a stamped self addressed envelope so that we can return your slides, photos or CD.
Artists submitting work for the “Festival Ha’Rikud” exhibit will receive notification of the jury’s decision by Friday, March, 24th and will be responsible for delivering the art ‘professionally framed’ to Linda Lando at the Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery at a time to be determined closer to the show date.
Artists submitting work for a solo or group show in the 2012/2013 gallery season will receive notification by later in the spring.
Address the submission to: Linda Lando c/o Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver, 950 West 41st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2N7. email@example.com
The gallery is not responsible for loss or damage. Do not submit original work
For more information, call Linda at 604 638 7277, firstname.lastname@example.org