The North Vancouver Community Arts Council is seeking artists for a themed exhibition called “Animal Farm”, for CityScape Community Art Space. In Animal Farm, George Orwell identified personalities in each farm animal, from the squealer pig to the good-hearted female cart-horse, each animal on the farm has a unique manner and behaviour. The North Vancouver Community Arts Council is seeking artists who convey the character, temperament, nature and relationship of farm animals in their artwork. In celebration of over 80 local farms in the Lower Mainland, this exhibition will highlight the heart and life of farm animals. This exhibit is all about the animals running the farms.
Please submit 2D, 3D, photography, sculptures and installation works in all mediums highlighting the personality of local farm animals.
The exhibition will be held at CityScape Community Art Space July 10 – September 5, 2015.
Submission must include:
• Up to eight works that are available for exhibition.
• Works submitted as digital images in PDF or JPG format on DISK or USB or as printed photographs. All images must be labeled with title, size and medium.
• A list of works that includes title, size, medium, price and thumbnail images of work.
• A CV, BIO and brief artist statement that describes your artistic process and/or methodology.
• A jury fee of $10 for members and $15 for non-members.
• Name, mailing address, phone number, website and email address (if applicable).
• A SASE if you would like your submission returned by post.
• Artwork of domestic indoor pets will not be considered.
• Artwork of landscapes will not be considered.
Deadline for submission: Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 4 pm
Please do not call to inquire about submission status, we respond to everyone that has submitted once the adjudication panel has made its decision. You do NOT have to be a resident of North Vancouver or a member of the Arts Council to submit or exhibit for this exhibition. Emailed submissions will not be accepted.
Contact: Stefanie Wysota, Exhibition Coordinator. CityScape Community Art Space | North Vancouver Community Arts Council 335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2G3
604.988.6844 email@example.com nvartscouncil.ca