An Exhibition for the 2015 Canada Winter Games
From time to time, the FCA will post news with exciting opportunities for artists, here is one such opportunity. Please direct all questions regarding the exhibition, submissions, deadlines and guidelines for NORTH to Maeve Hanna the Assistant Curator for Two Rivers Gallery via email@example.com
Sport, competition, winter and the North will be in the spotlight in February, 2015, when the Canada Winter Games come to Prince George. Along with the excitement and thrill of competitive sport, the Canada Winter Games value greatly youth, community and culture; values that bridge the sporting world and that of the visual arts. The exhibition, NORTH, will provide the ideal platform for artists to delve into their understanding of the notion of “north” while engaging with these pillars of common interest—youth, sport, community and culture—during the occasion of the Canada Winter Games, an exciting opportunity and event for everyone in Prince George. We encourage visual artists working in any media to respond to this call with three to six artworks produced within the last three years.
Complete the following form: North Call for Submissions TRG and send it along with some information about yourself, the work you do and images of up to six artworks. A small curatorial group will review the submissions and notify those whose work is selected for exhibition.
Artists whose work is selected will receive an exhibition fee.
The exhibition NORTH will run from February 12th to April 26th 2015.
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 5, 2014.
• Artists can submit from three to six images of completed works. Complete the form overleaf.
• Include information about yourself and each artwork.
• The Gallery will pay fees to artists selected for exhibition.
What to Send
A package clearly marked “NORTH” containing the following:
• Good quality slides, photographs, or jpgs (min. 1 MB) labelled with artist’s name, title of work and size. Please title each file with a number, your first initial, last name, the year and title of your work (for example: 01jsmith2014bluesky.jpg). Use letters and numbers only.
• An image list including titles, date of production, medium and size.
• Information about the work.
• A current resumé, curriculum vitae or a short statement about yourself.
• A self-addressed envelope stamped with sufficient return postage. Stamps only please.
• A completed and signed entry form (found on the reverse of this document).
• Packages that do not include the above may be deemed incomplete and disqualified.
All submissions must be received by Two Rivers Gallery no later than 4pm, November 5th, 2014. Original art will not be accepted at this point. Please ensure your images are labeled and that they accurately represent your artwork.
Exhibition dates are February 12th to April 26th 2015. Subject to change.
Please direct submissions & enquiries to: Maeve Hanna, Assistant Curator
Two Rivers Gallery, 725 Canada Games Way, Prince George, BC V2L 5T1
TEL 250 614 7800 • FAX 250 563 3211 • firstname.lastname@example.org